Hey guys! I wanted to share with you some of the beauty products I’ve had my eye on lately. I’ve linked them all so you can check them out.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – I’m late to the party, but I’ve recently been obsessed with highlighters ever since Jaclyn Hill released her palette with Becca Cosmetics. I wore it everyday on my beach vacation last month and it made me feel so glowy and sun kissed. They also released a version of their Shimmering Skin Pore Perfector in Jaclyn’s color, champagne pop. I like the hightligher for the summer but I don’t know how I will feel about it in the winter months. I think the shimmering skin perfector is a good choice when you don’t want a full on high beam highlight. You can add it to your primer or foundation for an all over subtle glow. I am going to pick up a sample next time I’m at Sephora to see if it’s worth a buy.
- Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment – Last year I finally treated myself to the rather pricey Glamglow Supermud Treatment after reading and watching everyone’s rave reviews about it. While it does work, it is expensive. So since then I’ve been on the hunt for something more affordable to replace it. I saw the Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding under Sephora’s new products. It has awesome reviews with an almost perfect 5 stars. It’s meant to minimize and clear out pores. Plus it’s cheaper than the Glamglow coming in at $13.57 an ounce compared to a whopping $57.50 an ounce. Win! One thing I like about the Glamglow mask is how it dries to a lighter shade, then darkens in the areas where it is pulling out the oil. I like to actually see the product work! I wonder if the Boscia version does the same thing. I’m a sucker for good reviews though, so I think I will be picking this up soon.
- Essie Gel Couture Longwear Nail Polish – This new line from Essie promises 14 days of wear. While I doubt it will last that long on me, I have been hearing good reviews. I can usually get 3-4 days with minimal chipping from regular polish so I am excited to see if this will last me a little longer. It consists of a color polish, then the gel-like top coat. No UV light necessary. Friday I talked about a review on youtube of the polishes. Check it out here.
- Cane + Austin Prime and Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – I was in Sephora before my beach vacation looking for a moisturizer with SPF. Most of them make me look very oily. The Sephora consultant recommended this to me. While I’m not that into primers (I feel like the ones I’ve tried haven’t really done much) I definitely like this one for its SPF properties. Since it is mattifying, I have high hopes that it won’t make me oily. It wasn’t available in the store so I couldn’t get a sample, but I think I will order it online anyway. It also has great reviews, with almost a perfect 5 stars. I am hoping a little goes a long way since the bottle is only 1.5 ounces (the price is $37.33 per ounce). There are 2 ways I might use this. I usually use a tinted moisturizer for every day use because I don’t like a heavy foundation. I could use it under the tinted moisturizer or add some color drops of to make a tinted foundation. I’ll decide once I can try it out. Either way, it’s a good way to get in your sun protection!
- Korres Golden Krocus Ageless Saffron – I talked about this in my post about Sephora’s new facial and it is at the top of my want list! It smells incredible and instantly turns your skin to silk. I got a sample after my facial and I loved putting it on under makeup and before bed. It is very pricey though, at about $98 an ounce. OUCH. I’ll be saving this for the Sephora sale in November.
That’s what’s on my wish list for now. Any new products you can’t wait to try? Or have you tried any of these? Let me know in the comments!